Jewelry Care Guide
At Nobbier, each piece of jewelry is a work of art, meticulously crafted to capture the enduring elegance and charm of Scandinavian design. To ensure your Nobbier jewelry continues to gleam and dazzle for years to come, we've put together this comprehensive care guide.
PVD Coating: The Nobbier Advantage
Our jewelry is finished with a durable PVD (Physical Vapor Deposition) coating, known for its remarkable resistance to tarnish, scratches, and water. Unlike traditional methods such as vermeil, PVD-coated pieces don't easily break down when exposed to everyday elements like perfumes or water. Despite its hardiness, taking additional precautions will only extend the life of your cherished pieces.
General Care Tips
- Storage: Store your Nobbier jewelry in a cool, dry place, ideally in the soft pouch provided. Avoid direct sunlight and extreme temperatures.
- Daily Wear: While our PVD coating is highly resilient, it's always good to put on your jewelry last when getting dressed to minimize contact with lotions, perfumes, and hairsprays.
- Cleaning: Use a soft, non-abrasive cloth for general cleaning. For deeper cleaning, warm soapy water and a soft brush can also be used.
- Avoid Chemicals: While PVD is more resistant to chemicals compared to other finishes, it's still advisable to remove your jewelry when using harsh chemicals or entering a chlorine pool.
What to Avoid
- Abrasive Surfaces: While our jewelry is scratch-resistant, it's not scratch-proof. Avoid contact with abrasive surfaces.
- High Impact Activities: For activities where there's a risk of high impact or scratching, it’s best to remove your jewelry.
- Long Exposure to Water: While our PVD coating is water-resistant, it’s advisable to remove your jewelry before swimming in saltwater or chlorinated pools.